My name is Denise and I am a Northern VA-based photographer AND artist. If you're looking for a history on how I got a camera or a paintbrush in my hands, you won't find it here. I'd love for you to ask me about this yourself one day.
What I can tell you is that I am authentic to the max, approachable, and fully transparent in both my life and in my images. I love to incorporate my love for photography itself and my whimsical creativity to tell your story, through colorful imagery that hums with life and shows connections. I also love creating artwork using watercolor and alcohol ink mediums. My artwork evokes mood with an intense feeling of limitless imagination and color, all the color.
If you want to get to know ME, then you're in the right place.
Who am I?
*insert long-winded essay* I am very capable of rambling (as you might tell from my blogs and social media posts lol) so I'll spare you the long story. My nouns tell you who I am and my verbs tell you how I live my life.
- Wife, to Michael
- Mama, to Wesley
- Fur-mama, to Dusty and Dori
- Daughter, sister, friend
- Photographer, of all walks of life and products
- Artist, see below (or visit my Etsy shop!)
- Executive chef...in my kitchen (of note, shrimp etouffee, homemade pasta, cream cheese frosted goods and chocolate chip cookies are my loves)
- Creative (ha, bet that one's a surprise)
- Humorous (in a nerdy way)
- Open-hearted and open-minded
- Loveably weird
West Meadow Creative, Art by Denise McMahon
Inspired by the everyday and beyond
Do you feel a connection?
I bet I will too!
Send me a note to get more information and book your session.