Candid, perfectly-imperfect moments are my favorite.
Are they yours?
My name is Denise and I am a Northern VA-based photographer AND artist. If you're looking for a history on how I got a camera or a paintbrush in my hands, you won't find it here.
What I can tell you is that I am authentic to the max, approachable, and fully transparent in both my life and in my images. I love to use my love for photography itself and my whimsical creativity to tell your story, through colorful imagery that hums with life and shows connections. My artwork evokes mood and are created with limitless imagination in every fiber of my being.
If you want to get to know ME, then you're in the right place.
Who am I?
*insert long-winded essay* I am very capable of rambling so I'll spare you the long story. My nouns tell you who I am and my verbs tell you how I live my life.
- Wife, to Michael
- Mama, to Wesley
- Fur-mama, to Dusty and Dori
- Daughter, sister, friend
- Photographer, of all walks of life and products
- Painter, of watercolors and alcohol ink (visit my Etsy shop!)
- Chef/Baker, in my kitchen (of note, shrimp etouffee, homemade pasta alfredo, cream cheese frosted goods and chocolate chip cookies are my specialties)
- Creative (ha, bet that one's a surprise)
- Humorous (in a nerdy way)
- Open-hearted and -minded